About the Police Complaints Authority

The Police Complaints Authority (“PCA”) welcomes you to this website. The PCA is established by an Act of Parliament and a copy of the Police Complaints Authority Act 1998 can be accessed here. You can make a complaint by using the online form on this website. It will be submitted when you press the ‘submit’ button.

The form is also available to download which you can then complete and send to the Professional Conduct Unit of the Bermuda Police Service or to the office of the PCA – contact details are given in the “Contact Us” section. You can also attend at any Police station, the Professional Conduct Unit or the office of the PCA to make a complaint.

If you wish, you can even bring someone with you, either a friend or family member. If you prefer, someone can make a complaint on your behalf but you must give your permission in writing for them to do this. A copy of the Police Complaints Act 1998 is here – Act